Specialist Transitional Community Neuro-rehabilitation,
Park House, Bedford
£9.35 per hour – 37.5 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an Activity Coordinator, at our Park House, Bedford, part of the industry-leading Christchurch Group. We provide interdisciplinary neuro-rehabilitation for adult residents with acquired neurological disorders. Park House is a Headway Approved Provider.
We are looking for a flexible and adaptable team player, who is enthusiastic and confident. We require the Activity Coordinator to have the relevant knowledge and skills to join us at an exciting time in our company’s development.
The successful candidate’s key responsibilities will include:
• To participate in enhancing the intellectual and social wellbeing of the residents to promote a happy and stimulating experience helping them to socialise within the Centre.
• Encourage staff members, relatives and friends to participate in the activities organised in the best interest of the residents.
• To plan ongoing weekly activities rotas in conjunction with the resident’s wishes
• Maintain and encourage residents pre-existing hobbies
• To continuously asses’ individual’s needs, maintaining regular updates and informing MDT of as appropriate.
• Be able to recommend improvements in areas the resident struggles
• Keep up to date with new developments in the field of caring for people with neurological conditions
• Assist Unit Leads in planning the homes special events e.g. BBQ, Sports Day etc.
• Discuss aims and objectives of recreational therapy with other staff members
• Report any changes in the residents physical or emotional condition to the Unit Leads, MDT and nurses
• Supervise the ordering, pricing and stock control of goods
• Ensure that health and safety at work procedures are adhered to for the protection of all staff, residents, guests and visitors to the unit
• Working alongside MDT to complete risk assessments for activities, outing and internal events as necessary
• Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Able to motivate people
• Patient and caring
• Accepting and understand of other people’s lifestyles and beliefs
• Able to follow policies and procedures
• Happy to work with individuals or within a group
• Able to work in a team but use own initiative
• Able to deal with individuals with challenging behaviour
• Able to work on a budget
• Good communication skills and able to socially interact
• Good organisational skills
• Computer skills
Christchurch Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. This post will require a Standard DBS Disclosure, the expense of which will be met by the successful candidates and refunded after 6 months continuous employment. Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is essential.
For further information, please contact:
Stacey Granaghan, HRA
on T: 0121 777 9343 or email [email protected]
To apply, please visit: www.christchurchgroup.co.uk/recruitment or send your CV to [email protected]
Closing date: 24 January 2018
Interview Date: TBC
Christchurch Group is an equal opportunities employer.